Engagement in Facebook groups can be a fantastic way to market your business if done well. Many Facebook groups are based on sharing of information. Some are just for selling. Avoid those. Follow these awesome tips on engagement in Facebook groups to give your social media marketing a big boost!
1. Join Groups or Create a group to which your target market belongs. Define your audience. What topics would they be interested in? Do a search on Facebook for those topics and identify groups to join. Read the rules first to be sure you want to be a part of each group. Or create a group of your own. It involves more work, but the advantage is that you get to decide the rules and the structure.
2. Participate in the discussion. Be helpful. Check the groups regularly for questions that are in your niche. Answer them. Get known for being a source of knowledge in your niche. When assisting someone in a group, offer to take the help to a personal message. You can get to know their needs better, establish rapport, and, if deemed appropriate, even offer your business services.
3. Be mindful of the individual Facebook group rules. Many do not allow spamming, or posting of your business information. Other groups do. Some groups kick out members for breaking the rules.
4. Take the perspective of your audience. What information do they need or want? What are they interested in? Share that information. Be helpful, yet brief. You want them coming back for more.
5. Post information that indicates what your business is. For example, I share social media marketing information. Some groups have posts like: "Share your goals for the week" or "Share your accomplishments this week." Be sure what you share indicates the nature of your business or of your business services. For example, rather than just sharing "I'm meeting with a client," share "I'm developing a social media marketing plan for my new client."
6. Some groups allow exchanging of social media sites on certain days. Watch for those posts. Like others’ social media sites and they will likely return the favor. Be sure you return the likes when your sites are followed.
7. Ask for questions in your niche, so that you can answer them. This is especially powerful in Facebook groups you have started. In the groups you manage, you can set the topics. You can have topics that elicit questions in your niche. For example I might have a topic of marketing on Facebook, another of email marketing, yet another on increasing blog traffic.
Before you go, don't forget to sign up for my RSS Feed so you don't miss any new blog posts! If you have any questions, I would be glad to answer them. I offer a free 15-minute social media marketing consultation. You can contact me at CONTACT or EMAIL. Be sure and check out Content Marketing below, a video that will give your social media marketing a boost. Thank you for reading and watching!